Welcome


This is an interactive space for the student participants to share their experiences in the Milford Business Mentoring Program. Feel free to read, comment, and learn.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Durrell

Last week I had the honor of meeting not only Jeff Bowers but the city manager, Richard Carmean. Jeff Bowers put many things into perspective. I've always known that a business plan was important but I had no idea of the impact that planning had on not only starting a business but maintaining one. As Jeff talked I noticed how much he stressed his failed attempts to buy his company, and I noticed that he used each failure to his advantage. the fact that he was denied repeatedly and did not fail is inspiration enough not to mention his use of criticism, which very few can use as a professional augmentation. I like that he capitalized on that fact that a smart aspiring business person can use short comings as an advantage. he also gave me the idea of utilizing auctions. this can prove to be very handy. Richard Carmean is a very respectable person, but what interested me was that he is not only good at what he does but he is the best. My goal is to not only be good at what I do but to do it better than anyone else. That is the quality that makes him stand out. and that is the quality that I will soon develop.   

No comments:

Post a Comment